From CEO's Desk
I thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our company. I hope you would be able to find the required information about Bloomchemag from the recently updated web-pages about our business model, vision and values, products, work culture etc. Bloomchemag is a young vibrant company formed on 3rd June 2013. Bloomchemag is a trading and distribution firm operating globally, set-up to represent firms in Food, Agri & Life Sciences, Packaging, Paints and Coatings sectors, with our aim to support in increasing their footprint in Indian subcontinent, and conversely support Asian companies gain larger share of global markets through our 'Responsible Distribution'. We offer strategic outsourcing options to our clients so they can benefit from Asian cost advantage. Our top selling markets are Europe and Africa, followed by regions in Far-east Asia, West Asia and South America/Caribbean. We aim at engaging large chemical companies to help them source their intermediates from Asia, through our focused business development and supply chain management efforts from our offices at Noida (India) and Mol (Belgium).
Achievements in Initial Two Years………
Bloomchemag's raison d'etre seems to be our Market Knowledge, Focus & Entrepreneurial Approach. I am proud to share with you few of our achievements:
• European subsidiary Bloomchemag BVBA successfully rolled out its operations for distribution of Ethyl acetate of Dhampur Sugar International Pte Limited, Singapore from its leased tank at Tank Opslag Verbeke (TOV) at Hemiksem, near Antwerp (Belgium).
• Achieved Lifetime Factory Stuffing Permission from JNPT Customs for re-packing/drumming and exports of Acetic acid and Acetic anhydride
• Achieved INR 700 Million consolidated revenue (including Europe subsidiary) in 3 full year (this revenue doesn't include the sales generated by us for our Principals where we earned only the agency commission).
• We were granted D&B D-U-N-S® NUMBER: 65-078-7679 due to our impressive start and transparent business practices. D&B (Dun & Bradstreet) is world's leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses for over 150 years.
• Granted Unique Reference Number by Narcotics Control Bureau, Govt of India for Exports of Acetic anhydride
• Authorization by Cel Precursoren Unit: Inspection & Investigation Ministry of Finance, Govt of Belgium for import and distribution of various Schedule B & C product as Acetic anhydride, Toluene, MEK (methyl ethyl ketone), Acetone
• Gained trust and admiration from our major stakeholders as Principals, suppliers, bankers and service providers
• Introduced other large products in Glycol ether solvents, other important solvents as MEK, SBA, Acetone, Bloom COMPOST for African market: Organic Bio-fertilizer prepared from composted press-mud, the agro-process waste of sugarcane conversion to sugar, used for restoring soil fertility
• One of our key achievements, about which I am personally most proud, is in creation of cohesive Team Bloomchemag of Young Professionals and providing an exciting ecosystem for superior execution and innovation.
Our Learning ………………………
One of our key learning from our INITIAL 3 years of operation has been to never over-commit to our customers, and yet maintain aggression in the market place. We had set an objective to add minimum 5-7 large suppliers in the first year of operation but WE achieved this number in 2 years. We learnt that achieving such a task is easier said than done, as before forging a new formal arrangement with any supplier, it is extremely important to understand whether our values match with the values of our suppliers. It can be a catastrophe if hurriedly we introduce a new product/supplier, and later have to retract from our position.
Work Culture at Bloomchemag…………
Our CORE VALUES are "World-Class Quality", "Relationships", "Ethics" "Entrepreneurship and Innovation" and "Discipline". We do not compromise on the quality of execution. And our CORE PURPOSE is "to add value in our customers' businesses". We believe in the values of innovation, making mistakes and learning from them to move forward. During our last year we have been a company with "Nothing is impossible" culture and this value of "willingness to take a risk" has enabled us to work at our best and deliver a high level of service excellence to our clients. We remain focused to create and promote a healthy and happy work-place for young vibrant, sharp minds of professionals and channelizing their energies towards entrepreneurship. My personal goal is to develop a culture of innovation at Bloomchemag, enjoy the journey and create co-owners at Bloomchemag from amongst our core operating team.
Opportunities and Way Forward………...
Our vision is to be a Reliable Outsourcing and Distribution Partner for Global Mid & Small Size firms for specialty chemical intermediates in Food, Agri & Life Science Sectors. Our efforts would continue to be targeted in the area of Specialty Chemical Intermediates and Agri-Nutrition – where our strengths lie. In our endeavour to become one of the leading focused global distribution and logistics firms, our next step is to achieve INR 650 Million revenue in 2020. Going by the turn of events and a good progress, we are confident of achieving our task. This has encouraged us a set for ourselves a Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal, which is to create an organization with sales revenue of USD Million 50 soonest possible. Team Bloomchemag looks forward to achieve this goal well within next 3 Years!! It is easier said and written than done – we understand the challenges ahead!! We need bright sharp minds to take us closer to our goal. We know that without the support from our customers and suppliers, we will not be able to achieve the objectives – and so value-adding in their business operations remains our key objective. We also need to align like-minded companies for inorganic growth opportunities. With European economy looking a much healthier now than a year ago, and high growth prospects in several African countries (particularly high agriculture-led growth through better farm practices), we aim to add value to our clients through our understanding of target markets. With new stable business-friendly government in India, the Indian economy is expected to grow at a faster pace. We are keen to hear about your queries and from our existing and prospective customers about their specific product requirements and look forward to working together to find better solutions. As we begin our go ahead at Bloomchemag, the below poem by Robert Frost strengthens our resolve to face the challenges ahead;
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sounds the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.